Are you a People Person ?
If it's American Made and Merino wool why should it be expensive? Why can't it be affordable? Are you tired of doubling up cotton socks ? Feeling numbness in your toes or even paying $18 a pair for comfortable high quality merino wool socks ? Me too. That's why I started People Socks in 2012 and chose to make socks in the USA, to prove my competitors that the more people we can help with merino wool socks, the better for us all.
2012: I was freezing my A$$ off, back when we used to have a real New York city winter, and getting ready for a trip to Iceland ( Iceland was on my bucket list) I walked in to a local REI [camping supply shop) in NYC in the hopes of finding a pair of warm socks. Probably too much information, but I was suffering from cold feet throughout the year and on occasion doubling up cotton socks even during some summer months. To my surprise there were many styles at REI. I did realize that while there were some top quality branded merino wool socks, none of them were remotely affordable. But I figured you get what you pay for, right and it's American made? I picked up 2 pairs of socks from two different brands and decided to test them out. They held up well with the normal pilling and shrinkage associated with Merino Wool, but at $18 a pair they were super pricey for me to pick up again. They were warm, but none of them impressed my toes and certainly not my pocket. All along however, I knew there had to be a more affordable solution that provided great value to the consumer. I did a lot of research on the margins from ex-factory to retail pricing. My initial reaction was the local brands were making it in the USA, so it had to be expensive, but boy was I wrong. I did some research, lots and lots of research and product testing. It was pretty clear after putting friends and family through all of this product research - I realized we can provide the same top quality yarn in our socks, and if we only sold it online without the distribution and retailer margins we could essentially be offering the customer "local value" all while keeping it within our 100% American knitted sock framework.
After many months of trying to convince a local factory to make smaller minimums for me, I decided to take the plunge and design, manufacture, knit 'below zero' in the USA with New Zealand Merino Wool. And no, you don't always get what you pay for. That's bullshit! When a business focuses on keeping overhead low and keeping inventory lean, it's possible to give the customer a top quality product with ALL the savings. In defense of the competition, they are simply tired and not going to change their distribution channels nor their marketing plans. They've also built a business on considerable waste over many decades, inefficiencies and massive mark-ups fed by advertising and marketing budgets with glossy packaging and advertising and thousands of styles.
We want to make a profit, but we want merino wool socks to be accessible, not a luxury for the few. In short, we want to be a smarter
So why Merino Wool ?
The Merino is an economically influential breed of sheep prized for its wool. Merinos are regarded as having some of the finest and softest wool of any sheep. People Socks is a specialist in Merino Wool, and you will find our limited but specific range of socks to be comfortable for everyday urban wear as well as suited for your next hiking and ice-climbing expedition.
We did many tests with American merino wool and did not find the quality to hold up when compared to Merino Wool from New Zealand. The best Merino wool in the world comes from New Zealand. People Socks only uses Kiwi merino wool, but rest assured all socks are manufactured/knitted in the USA.
Here's how we are changing the landscape for merino wool socks.
OUR EDGE ?
1) Made in USA: Designed in downtown Brooklyn, NY. Locally made in the USA (North Carolina and adding more factories over time as we grow) . All our socks are made in the south including the sock bands. We pride ourselves on using local factories, monitoring quality, which is all backed by a top quality friendly service.
2) Great Value: By selling directly to the consumer via the internet only , we can offer the end customer all the savings. According to our research this means you will easily end up with an extra pair or two , since the average merino wool pair sells for about $16 a pair. Compare our socks to REI or Smart Wool hiking socks and you will find a better socks for People for less.
3) The Peoples Promise : Got holes already ? No problem! we'll replace it for free. This is a 12 month warranty from purchase date, and covers one change. Just send us an image(s), your order number and confirm your ship-to address (we only ship to USA addresses that can be tracked) and we'd gladly help. Please email us at email@example.com
**Pilling is the nature of the beast that you're wearing and cannot be claimed as 'defective'. Wear socks that are the correct size that are snug.
4) Distribution: No expensive fancy flagship stores - just affordable , top quality socks shipped straight to you from our warehouse partner in the Mid-west. Brooklyn just became too expensive to ship from , but we still design everything from our Brooklyn space.
5) Merino Wool Yarn : Top quality Merino Wool that would naturally make all People Socks anti bacterial and wick away moisture. We use the best merino wool which is made in Australia, New Zealand or stateside.
6) Where do you source everything else from? : All our Nylon, Poly and Spandex is sourced from local mills. Our socks are also printed and sourced locally to save on shipping time and create a more efficient local supply chain.
6) Cutting out the MiddleMan = Crazy Savings :
We sell online only. This means we sell straight to you from our website. Our competition and for that matter traditional businesses sell through retail partners and have sales staff and marketing teams that drive up the cost. Why should you pay for such a long line of inefficiencies. People Socks breaks the mold and provides you with a more affordable pair of merino wool socks at unbeatable prices, all while keeping our local factories busy and those machines humming. In other words we run a very efficient business, that helps more people convert from cotton to merino wool softness. You get comfy feet for less.
7) What's your marketing budget? People - refer - People
Stay Comfy! and thank you for your support.
For any amazon order related questions please contact Amazon or contact the only authorized seller directly on Amazon directly [Brooklyn Shop] All other People Socks on the market are considered fake.
For People Socks related orders you can send us a private - direct message with your order-ID on facebook or contact us via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
*all returns are paid by the customer but People Promise claims must be authorized by us first. We only provide customer service and guarantee socks purchased on peoplesocks.com
Thank you for supporting People Socks