Are you a People Person ?
Are you tired of doubling up cotton socks ? Feeling numbness in your toes or even paying $18 a pair for comfortable high quality merino wool socks ? Me too. That's why I started People Socks.
I was freezing my A$$ off during a typical NYC winter day and getting ready for a trip to Iceland ( it was on my bucket list) I walked in to REI in NYC in the hopes of finding a pair of warm socks since I was tired of cold feet and doubling up cotton socks. To my surprise there were many choices. I did realize that while there were some top quality branded merino wool socks, none of them were remotely affordable. But i figured you get what you pay for , right ? I picked up 2 pairs of socks from two different brands and decided to test them out. They held up well, but at $18 a pair they were super pricey. While they were warm, none of them impressed my toes and certainly not my pocket. But they were good enough for me to consider buying more. All along however , I knew there had to be a more affordable solution that provided great value to the consumer. I did a lot of research on the margins from ex-factory to retail pricing. So I decided that we should business differently. Same top quality product, but only sold online without the distribution margins. We'll keep a little for ourselves and a little for the factory , keep everything local and the customer wins.
After many months of trying to convince a local factory to make smaller minimums for me, I decided to take the plunge and design, manufacture, knit 'below zero' in the USA with Australian Merino Wool. And no , you don't always get what you pay for . When a business focuses on keeping overhead low , it's possible to give you a top quality product with the savings.
So why Merino Wool ?
The Merino is an economically influential breed of sheep prized for its wool. Merinos are regarded as having some of the finest and softest wool of any sheep. People Socks is a specialist in Merino Wool, and you will find our limited but specific range of socks to be comfortable for everyday urban wear as well as suited for your next hiking and ice-climbing expedition.
We did many tests with American merino wool and did not find the quality to hold up when compared to Australian Merino Wool. The best Merino wool in the world comes from Australia. People Socks only uses Australian merino wool, but rest assured all socks are manufactured in the USA.
Here's how we are changing the landscape for merino wool socks.
OUR EDGE ?
1) Made in USA: Designed in downtown Brooklyn. Locally made in the USA (North Carolina and adding more factories over time as we grow) . All our socks are made in the south including the sock bands. We pride ourselves on using local factories, monitoring quality, which is all backed by a top quality service.
2) Great Value: By selling directly to the consumer via the internet only , we can offer the end customer all the savings. According to our research this means you will easily end up with an extra pair or two , since the average merino wool pair sells for about $16 a pair. Compare our socks to REI or Smart Wool hiking socks and you will find a better socks for People for less.
3) The Peoples Promise : Got holes already ? No problem! we'll replace for free. Just send us an image, and your order number and we'd gladly help . Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Distribution: No expensive fancy flagship stores - just affordable , top quality socks shipped straight to you from our warehouse partner in the Mid-west. Brooklyn just became too expensive to ship from , but we still design everything from our Brooklyn space.
5) Merino Wool: Top quality Merino Wool that would naturally make all People Socks anti bacterial and wick away moisture. We use the best merino wool which is made in Australia. But all knitting is done in America including our packaging.
6) Cutting out the MiddleMan = Crazy Savings :
We sell online only . This means we sell straight to you from our website. Our competition and for that matter traditional businesses sell through retail partners and have sales staff and marketing teams that drive up the cost. People Socks breaks the mold and provides you equally if not better top quality merino wool socks at great prices all while keeping the local factories busy. In other words we run a very efficient business, that helps you get comfy feet for less.
Stay Comfy! and thank you for your support.
For any amazon order related questions please contact Amazon or contact the seller on Amazon directly
For People Socks related orders you can send us a private - direct message with your order-ID on facebook or contact us via email : email@example.com [make sure to provide your ORDER ID, supporting images for 'people promise' related issues or general questions/concerns]
*all returns are paid by the customer but must be authorized by us first.